One pillar of the Innovation Campus meBEST is the competence centre for digitalisation at the industrial site of the PCK refinery in Schwedt/Oder. Here, companies, start-ups and scientists bundle know-how for the Internet of things 4.0, technical diagnostics, process digitalisation, digital twin and supply chain optimisation.
- Working in an Innovation Hub
- Development of new technologies, products, methods and services to meet the needs of the process industry and service chain (cross-application and cross-component)
- Business process optimisation -> added value in the region
- Supply chain optimisation
- Short-term implementation of developments in the local process and service chain
- Joint marketing strategy & trade fair presentations
- Exchange formats (learning events, regulars' tables, etc.)
- Innovation environment ->physical proximity between developer and user
- Platform for exchange of ideas and tasks between the user and developer
- Knowledge transfer of Internet of things 4.0, technical diagnostics, process digitalisation, digital twin
- Platform for topic exchange for bachelor's, master's and doctoral theses
- Targeted recruiting of students and loyalty-building with the participating companies
Science, Companies & Start-ups
Whether in measurement and testing technology, plant construction and process engineering, raw materials exploration or infrastructure measures - DMT not only uses the best technologies in each case, we also often develop them ourselves. As part of the TÜV NORD GROUP, we work on the digitalisation of existing and new business models, services and products for ourselves and for our clients.
The ICS Group digitises and automates business processes in the supply chain - end-to-end. With process-based consulting, integrative software platforms and applications, smart technologies and scalable managed services, customers receive sustainable solutions for their growth.
Industrial Analytics is an AI-IoT startup that offers a monitoring solution for maintenance and process optimisation of machines and process plants for customers in the energy sector. The idea for the company originated in 2017, while the founders were working for MAN Energy Solution, a well-known turbomachinery manufacturer. They realized that the solutions on the market did not include enough expert knowledge from the engineering sector. The founders wanted to change that.
The Department of Fluid System Dynamics at TU Berlin focuses on all aspects of fluid mechanics in applied mechanical engineering. Two research assistants and students are currently working at the location Schwedt/Oder. In a joint project with KSB, pumps are currently being monitored remotely and a comprehensive damage analysis is being carried out on site.
Grandperspective has developed the scanfeld™ early warning system, the world's first remote monitoring system for gas leaks in the chemical industry. The unique sensors identify, locate and quantify 400 different chemicals up to 1km away.
With a turnover of almost 2.4 billion euros, the KSB Group is one of the leading suppliers of high-quality pumps, valves and related systems and is represented on all continents with its own sales companies, manufacturing plants and service operations. The group’s success stems from innovative technology based on its own global research and development work.
Office space for approx. 40 additional workstations (short-term available)